Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Covers

With regard to Scratched, I am waiting to see the proposed cover. I am hoping that the cover will align on a bookshelf just as Carom Shot and Straight Pool’s covers do with the focus on the pool ball, in this case with the number 3 at approximately the same place on the spine. I must say that I have asked for the same but I not know if that is what is going to happen. I have found that the author’s view with respect to what a cover should be is very often not that of the publisher’s.

The same thing is true with the typeface and the length of items such as acknowledgments. It is important to me acknowledge the hard work of all those of assisted me in the preparation of the manuscript. That includes my readers, Jim Taricani, Jack Manning, and Norah Christianson, all of who added significant suggestions which have made Scratched a better book.