Sunday, January 5, 2014

Scratch has scrathed out a publisher!

Information on Publisher; e books coming;

I am pleased to report that I have signed a contract with Koehler Books Publishing for Scratched. The target date for release is November, 2014 but I hope for an earlier date. Importantly, it will also produce Carom Shot and Straight Pool as e-books in spring -summer 2014. Very excited that my agent Paula Munier did the trick and after Penguin held the manuscript for almost six months, we inked the contract and am now providing personal and book data to the editor in charge.

For those who read drafts, the book is down some 20,000 words since the first read in 2012. While there is always something left in the editor's waste basket, the story line works, the plot's twists and turns remain, the tightening up, while difficult, adds a level of " turn the page." However, the experience was almost as difficult bad as going from first person to third!

So, now the blog will be an on-going event.

Reckoning is still in draft form and will get worked on when Regina and I have time at Puerto Vallarta in late January. Getting Scratched into the sweet arms of a publisher has distracted me from finishing a draft. I know where the characters want to go and I will have to get it there. Thank you for hanging in.

Check out Koehler. It does a very good job and while small, gets its authors and its play.

Plot line,etc, are coming!